We are looking for a reliable, trustworthy Nanny that has experience with special needs children. Our daughter is 12 years old with cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair. We need someone that can assist us urgently. We are willing to sponsor the right candidate in the area. Overseas applicants are welcome to apply; we will consider if we can’t find someone locally.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to adapt to change and remain flexible
- Assisting with personal care, meal preparation, and light housekeeping (i.e. showing, feeding, and laundry)
- Ensuring the fulfillment of individual goals and needs as instructed in the client’s support plans. (ie. Stretches, stander, walker)
- Helping with leisure activities
- Assisting and satisfying the social and emotional needs of a client.
- Excellent communication skills and being able to help with homework.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, permanent position
Wage: $15.50/hr, 30 hours/week (median wage in Kitchener, ON, area)
Education: Completion of secondary school may be required
Experience with special needs is required
Language of work: English
Closest intersection: New Dundee and Robert Ferrie
“Optional accommodation is available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is not a condition of employment.”
If interested, please do not forget to send your resume to [email protected] and apply on this link provided.